Hi my little son. Your birthday is Thursday. You are supposed to turn two Earth years old. We bought you a little present. Something to put out near your rock so everyone can see we haven't forgotten you. We stood in WalMart and debated about which little something you would like and we decided on the brightest colors, something Daddy would have loved playing with you.
It is still total heartbreak Patrick.
Jocelyn dug out your Puff the Magic Dragon book. I still cant sing it Buddy. Maybe I never will. I hate the part where dragons live forever but not so with little boys. I feel like the dragon. I thought I would always have you but instead I have this awful grief. I hope birthdays in Heaven are apecial. I hope you get kisses from all the Saints and maybe you point me and Daddy and Jocelyn out to them all and show them with joy that we wanted your life on Earth and did everything we could to prepare you for Love in Heaven.